Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day we went to Grandpa and Grandma Balzer's for lunch. My favorite part of the meal is the sausage. Dad and I aren't big turkey fans--we tried to vote for only sausage next year, but everyone else seems to think we need turkey. They are also the ones who think we need Pumpkin pie of some sort!! My grandma and Grandpa Balzer would always have Hillsboro sausage at Thanksgiving--that's where that tradition came from. Grandpa liked it with horseradish...I prefer it plain.

Grandma thought Tyler would enjoy the huge turkey leg, so here he is eating it! yum yum.

Grandpa and the little ones. I decided we need to take more pictures with the grandparents. I don't have very many pictures of my grandparents and I wish I did.

I think in my mom's next life, or in heaven, she will be a school teacher. She loves to plan games or activities for the kids to do. This year she bought a BINGO set and had prizes for the winners. Tyler LOVED this. I won the first game, but Tyler convinced me to let him have my prize. Tyler then won every game after that.
Grandpa Balzer is not fond of games. He probably rolls his eyes when mom comes up with all these great ideas! But, he will play with the grandkids. I remember growing up, mom and I always wanted to play games and my dad and brothers would rarely play.


This really was good for Tyler, saying and looking for all the numbers. I think he ended up winning 6 prizes. This included when he was the only one playing and I think he won 2 or 3 times, imagine that. He didn't care, he still won, and he still got to pick something out of the prize basket.

Paige tried to play BINGO, then decided to sit on Grandma's lap to roll the balls out and call the numbers. Jaden didn't care a lick about BINGO. He sat in his rocking chair in the family room....watching Barney, of course!
Naps were taken and then we were off to Grandma and Grandpa Roth's house for Thanksgiving #2. I was tired and worn out by then and didn't take my camera in, so we don't have any pictures. Of course, we ate more. Linda made the best apple crisp, that was my favorite, oh and the wine!! Annie played Chess and Monopoly Jr. with Tyler and Linda and I played Candy Land with Paige and Jaden. I have never played Candy Land with those 2, it actually went ok. I will have to play that with them in the mornings while Tyler is at school.
It was a full day, but a fun day. We are thankful we both have AWESOME parents and families. I love going home for holidays and I hope my kids will love to come home to our house when they are older. Christmas will be fun because Jason and Stacy, Jeremy and Sydney will be there too! It gets crazy, but it always fun.

No comments: