Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa brings us treats

We had finished Steve's b-day dinner and were trying to get the kids ready to go to the neighbors for a bit. Of course, they were being slow and not cooperating...but it's a good thing we didn't get out of the house on time..... or we would have missed Santa coming to our house!!

The doorbell rang, and I told Tyler in a stern voice, "do not open the door until you tell me who it is." (We have had problems with them opening the front door for people they do not know.) So, Tyler (our jokester) yells, "It's Santa!!!". yeah, right!

So, Steve and I go to the door and ....it really is Santa (and my jeweler friend Pennie Epperson). So, of course we open the door for Santa.

He knew the kids names and had a candy cane for each one of them and a plate of brownies and cookies. My kids love brownies more than ANYTHING!!

I ran and got my camera, but I didn't get very good pictures. We invited Santa in, but I didn't want to keep him. I would have loved to have them come in the family room and sit down with us. But, I was just as shocked as the kids, that Santa was at our house, that I wasn't thinking either! We took a few pictures and they were on their way! What a delightful surprise!
Now, Jaden sat on Santa's lap at the mall, but he wouldn't stand with him here? not sure why...So, here's Tyler and Paige standing with Santa.
The kids of course, LOVED THIS!! We went to the neighborhood party and they told everyone Santa had just come to their house. Then, they would say the next day, "can I have a brownie that Santa brought me." So cute.
I emailed my friend Pennie later that night to THANK HER and here is part of her response to me:
Your children were a delight and really made our Santa experience something we will always remember and treasure. I wish you could have seen Tyler's face looking out the window at Santa--- it was pure magic. His eyes were huge and his mouth formed the perfect "0". I want to always remember that look.

Thank you Santa for coming to our house and making our day extra Special!!!

No comments: