December 22 is Steve's b-day!! (and his older sister's b-day too!) I tried to make his 36
th birthday special for him. He has been working A TON lately. He's worked late every night last week, most of Saturday, and Sunday morning. He is tired and I wanted to have a special day for him--or evening!
In the morning, Tyler had his school Christmas party and his class sang songs, so we both went up to the school for that. Then, we went to lunch at Carlos 'O Kelly's and then Steve was off in a hurry, back to work.

Here's the kids, waiting for daddy when he came in the back door. They had been working for nearly an hour making him all kinds of birthday pictures. Tyler made this little sign he held up that says, "I love you". Tyler was so proud he could write that all by himself, without me helping him spell it!

The kids
grabbed their MANY gifts they had just made and insisted dad open them right away. Steve barely got his shoes off. The kids had made pictures and then they wanted to wrap the gifts in Power Ranger wrapping paper. So, each picture they made was individually wrapped. It think Steve had 7 or so gifts from the kids. I'm not sure Steve opened any of his own presents and there were many fights on who got to help open the next one. Steve also got: K-state magnets for his truck, a K-state calendar (that plays music), and a K-state shirt. Go K-state!!

After presents we had
lasagna, garlic bread, and salad--Steve's favorite meal. I didn't tell Steve I was making it. I played like I hadn't planned anything. (I think he thought I really wasn't going to do anything for him. At lunch he told me we could just make
spaghetti--our favorite, easy, last minute meal! But, not for his birthday!!) So, we ate.
Then, we had to go to the neighbors for a Christmas party. It was just a come and go, but we thought we should make an appearance. This is where Steve's b-day went down hill. Well, it started going down-hill when the kids wouldn't eat dinner. (We hate dinner time at our house. It is anything but pleasant.) Then, they were not well behaved at the Christmas party. Just a mess..... So we were both upset.

We did manage to come home and have Birthday PIE!! Steve doesn't really like cake, but he LOVES apple pie. The kids put the Happy
Birthday candles in the pie, we sang, and had pie and ice-cream!! Aunt Barb and Uncle Jim came to baby-sit
Jaden and Paige this morning so I could go to the school. Whenever they come to watch the kids, Aunt Barb always brings dinner for that night. We have told her not too, but she just does. (We do love it though!!!) So, knowing this--when I called her to baby-sit, I asked if she would make an apple pie instead of
bringing dinner. Of course, she would say yes!! So, I saved Steve from my probably not so good pie for a good
homemade pie! Thanks Aunt Barb! OH---and she did bring us ham-loaf for another dinner this week.
The kids went to bed and we headed to the basement to watch a movie. I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30 and poor Steve had to watch a movie by himself.
So, that's how his b-day went. With 3 kids, our GRAND and wonderful plans don't always turn out the way we hope.
Happy Birthday Babe!!! We love you!
2 comments:
the picture of steve and the kids on the chair is GREAT! And the santa visit is priceless!
That's my birthday too! Except I'm a year older..bummer. Happy Day!
Post a Comment