This Tuesday, March 31st we are taking the boys to see the Harlem Globetrotters!!
I think I am more excited than the boys. But, the boys are getting excited too!!
Especially Jaden! This morning he has already asked me 3 times,
"Is it Tuesday?"
Last night we told the boys they had to earn 10 stars by Tuesday
to be able to go see the "funny basketball players".
So, there are already threats flying...
"That will not earn you a star"
"I'm taking a star away"
"Do you want to go?"
(Good thing I can control if they get enough stars or not!!!)
I can imagine the boys will just be CRACKING up on Tuesday!
My dad took me and my brothers for MANY years in a row.
We knew , every year when they came to town, we would get to go!!
And, this is one of those moments when you look back and hope you appreciated it at the time--
because tickets are NOT cheap, AT ALL!!
I am the mom who takes her own snacks and drinks in a big purse--because the concession stand prices are TOO expensive. (Seriously, $7 for cotton candy, no thank-you).
In addition, I don't let the kids buy the souvenirs. Again, a waste of money!
But.....
Jaden is obsessed with being a basketball player.
He wants to dress like a b-ball player everyday.
We bought cereal at the store yesterday day and he asked if it was "basketball player cereal".
Of course it was.
He's obsessed right now.
So, I feel that a $25 jersey will get worn---probably worn out!
I told the boys they could take their money Tuesday and buy a shirt if they wanted--
and mom and dad would help them pay for it!!
3 more days.....I can't wait.
I hope it's as FUN as I'm anticipating!!!


1 comment:
awesome that you're going to that! I saw it on TV and thought it looked like fun...but our kids obviously aren't old enough yet to make our money worth it. And come on....concession food is the best part!!
Post a Comment