Friday, March 27, 2009

Off to a Jewelry Show

So, last night, like many nights, I was getting ready to go to a jewelry show.
My kids can tell when I am going to a jewelry show---
I have on my "jewelry show clothes" as the boys say, all my jewels,
and I a put my bags by the backdoor for Steve to carry out.
Jaden has a ritual before my shows. Hug good-bye. Kiss. Another Hug. High Five!
(this sometimes happens 3 or 4 times!)
So, we do all that.
Then, he still usually follows me to the back-door and
asks for yet another hug and probably a kiss.
(At least I always feel loved as I leave the house!!)
Tonight he asked why I had to go to a jewelry show.
I told him so we could have money to do fun stuff! And I left.
As I'm driving away (I'm in the street already.) Tyler comes running down the drive-way,
"I didn't give you a hug."
Ok, stop the car. Open the door, give Tyler a hug, "I love you."
My car window is down and I look in the front porch to see Jaden and Paige and Steve waving (well, mostly Paige and Jaden waving.)
And, then Jaden YELLS.....
"MAKE LOTS OF MONEY TONIGHT SELLING JEWELRY".
I just CRACKED UP!!!
And, finally....I was off to work, a little later than I had hoped!

No comments: