I am SO THRILLED to have solved the mystery of Tyler's new Kindergarden friend, Megan. (This is an update from a blog last week.) I decided to email his teacher today, Ms. Williams, and ask her if Megan was a boy or a girl. I was a bit embarassed, but at least we know now! Below is Ms. Williams response to my email:
Megan is a girl, but has a very short hair cut and I have noticed that some of the kids think she is a boy. Today, I thought I heard Tyler saying something about “him” (referring to Megan). Megan always plays with the boys and yes, I would say that she is a tomboy. In fact, I have to separate her and Tyler at Circle time, etc…because they like to talk to each other a lot. Good question! Hope this helps!
Very Funny!! This still makes me laugh. And what is even more funny----I told Tyler I talked to his teacher today and found out Megan was "a girl" and Tyler does not believe me. He just kept telling me, "He's a tom-boy." I have tried over and over to nicely explain "tom-boy" to Tyler, but he just isn't getting it. OH my....to be 5 again! And, yes....we talked about when it is appropriate to talk with our friends at school. If the teacher is talking, you don't talk to your friends., etc. I have an email into the teacher about this---does Tyler talk to much. I am pretty sure (ok, positive) I used to get in trouble in school for talking too much. The next 12 + years of school with my kids is going to be so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment