I can't believe Tyler is going to school. Our first born. Now, I have always been one to say I would not cry when my kids went to school. I was going to be happy. (Don't get me wrong--I love my kids dearly. But, I just thought it would be fine!) Well, I teared up at Meet your Teacher night. Then, the first day of school, Steve and I (and Jaden and Paige) took Tyler to school and walked him to class. YES! I cried this day. I took Tyler into his class found his seat and then when I left I stayed and peeked in the window of his class. I would have stayed MUCH longer, but I heard the teacher say to the kids. "is there someone looking in our window." I took that as my clue I had to leave.

Here's Tyler. I think he's ready to go. He's waiting for the bus on the 2nd day of school.


His Spiderman backpack is as big as him!!

Tyler, Jaden, and Paige sitting on the front steps patiently (or not) waiting for the school bus. **This has become a morning ritual. We all wait for the bus on the steps--everyone in the pj's but Tyler. I wonder what we will do when it's snowing outside. I am guessing Jaden and Paige will still want to go outside to see the bus.

And there he goes. Getting on that GIANT bus. And, I teared up again....as he got on the bus and I waved good-bye. It's just so hard not knowing what he will be doing. Will he make friends? Is his teacher nice? Will he ask to go to the bathroom? Will he be scared on the bus? I don't think Tyler had a worry at all. But, I did.

And, he's gone. We sure do miss Tyler in the mornings. It took Jaden and Paige a few days to figure out what to do without Tyler. Now, they play great together, but LOVE watching for the school bus at 12:10 every day.
1 comment:
I was just checking blogs and what to my wondering eyes did I see....YOU UPDATED your blog!! I was so excited! CUTE posts...you are getting GOOOOD!
Post a Comment