I just have to share this funny story about Tyler, 5 1/2. Every day we discuss his day at Kindergarten and talk about the normal things: playing super-heros at recess (the park, he calls it), riding the bus, music or P.E., what friends he sat with, etc. This is his 3rd week of school. He is just learning kids names and starting to be able to tell me kids' names. So, today we are talking about Megan. But, he keeps referring to Megan as a "he". Finally, I ask if Megan is a boy or girl (thinking Megan was a girl name.) Tyler first says, "he's a boy. Explaining that "he" means boy. Ok, yes...I know that. But, I am still thinking Megan sounds more like a girl name. So, I ask if Megan has long hair or short hair. Tyler responds, "long hair." OK.... Then, Tyler says, " Megan says he's a tom-boy." OH....... I just died laughing. I asked Tyler if he knew what a "tom-boy" was and he said no. I told him it was girl that acts more like a boy. I asked Tyler if this made since. He matter-a-factly told me in a louder voice...."Megan is a BOY. HE told me HE was a Tom-boy."
So, I just left it alone. There was no arguing with Tyler about this.
I can't wait to meet Megan in person.
Oh to be 5 again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment