Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Barney comes to Jaden's b-day

Flash Back to July--Jaden's 3rd Birthday Party!!

Jaden has loved Barney for over a year. Last year, he wanted a Barney b-day party, but I couldn't find any Barney party supplies in stores and I thought he would soon be over Barney. So, I talked him into a Pablo birthday party. Well, he still LOVES Barney. So, this year I got on-line and bought all the Barney party supplies. But, we also invited Barney to the party!! I was SO excited about this. (Our friend from church was the lucky one to be Barney.) I prepared Jaden for a week about how big Barney was----so he wouldn't be afraid. We talked about how Barney loves kids, etc. etc. But, oh no.....Jaden was terrified. He literally had a death-grip on my neck for the first 30 min. of his party. Barney came in the side fence gate to greet this kids. Here's a group picture. (Most of the kids were afraid!) Taylor also LOVES Barney and she was as afraid as Jaden. The 2 biggest Barney lovers in the WORLD, were afraid.

Here's Barney trying to talk to Jaden, but Jaden didn't let him get too close.

The kids had hot dogs and cookies on a stick. Here's Barney sneaking behind Jaden so we can get a picture!!

Finally.....at the end of the party, we got Jaden to stand beside Barney for one picture. This is after Barney has come inside for presents and brough Jaden a present, Barney has sang the "I love you song" with all the kids, he sang Happy Birthday to Jaden, he played "Peek a Boo" 25 times, and on and on....


And, finally....the cake.

The kids also played on a water slide at the party. It was lots of fun!!

We had a lot of fun with Barney and I would have probably said that day --it was worth the $$ to get Barney to the party, even though Jaden didn't play with him or interact with him as we had hoped. But, today, 3 months later, I would say it was DEFINITELY worth our money. Jaden still talks about Barney coming to his party and he wants to see pictures of Barney on the computer. He talks about the next time Barney comes to his party----I hope he's not too sad when Barney can't make it to his 4th b-day party!!




1 comment:

Danelle said...

I am glad you are blogging too!!! Isn't it fun!