Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another Flashback--Paige's 2nd b-day

YES!! I just did a blog on Jaden's July birthday--but 3 weeks before that, June 24th, Paige turned 2. Jaden and Paige are 11 months apart and we have always called them "the babies", but I guess at 2 and 3, I probably need to quit calling them "the babies". With birthdays so close together, I have to plan 2 FUN parties back to back for basically the same aged kids. So, for Paige's first Princess party we went to Watson park. Not sure that was "princess" aroma, but she and the kids had fun. I figure there are many more years left to have "girly" princess parties with dress up clothes and tea sandwiches!! (I had one friend tell me that it was one of the most fun kids' parties she has gone too---that made me feel good!!! ) This time we invited friends and family to the same party!
Here's Tyler and the birthday girl. It's really hard to get a picture of anyone without Tyler in the picture. He "jumps" in every picture he can.

Paige's friends: Uncle Davide holding cousin Mason, cousin Taylor in the chair and Braxton Thompson in the lawn chair. Braeden Thompson and Tyler, Paige, Hallie Wilkinson, Alexis Thompson, Leah Wilkinson, cousin Annie Kruse, and Jaden! I was impressed to get everyone looking at the camera!!
Paige and her "GIRLFRIENDS"---Leah Wilkinson and Alexis ThompsonThe princess cake with real princess figurines!! I tried to keep the cake out of the heat, but it was QUITE MESSY by the time we had hotdogs and hamburgers and opened presents. The cupcake/cake was melting!! But, the kids loved it. I guess that's all that matters.

Then, we were off to ride ponies and go on a train ride around the park. Paige wouldn't ride the ponies. But, her brothers and friends had a great time!! Grandpa Balzer tried to walk beside the pony with Paige, but the workers would not allow it---not even for a princesses 2nd birthday.
I just LOVE this sweet picture of Jaden, waiting PATIENTLY for his turn on the ponies. I think Jaden got to ride 2 times!
And, here's Jaden and Paige watching the ponies through the fence . Aren't they cute!

And, here's the Birthday Princess---with her birthday girl ATTITUDE!! She's only 2....what will 14 be like?? We love you Paige and you will always be our little Princess. You are so sweet and lovable, even though you do have a little girl attitude. You love Princesses, you love playing with your kitchen, you LOVE your brothers, you LOVE dressing yourself, you love shoes and you pick out your own shoes, you are such a girly girl!! We love you!

No comments: