This Monday, Jaden and Paige started Kids Day In at Westlink Church. Tyler did this when he was 3, followed by one year of actual pre-school before starting Kindergarten. I like the KDI program because it is from 9:30-1:30 and the kids take their lunch. So, it gives me 4 hours to work on Premier (or shop!!) --- I haven't decided which one yet! So, I knew I would send Jaden this year as he is 3 and ready for a structured program. I decided to go ahead and send Paige also. One, she would probably be bored at home with just me and two, I will use this time work on Premier and then I can play with the kids more the rest of the week. So, here's my cutie's on their first day of school.
On a different note---Tyler is going to be our "preppy/stylish" boy and Jaden is going to be our casual "who cares" boy. I tried to get Jaden to wear a cute collared shirt to school and he was not having it. So, I just let him pick his own shirt, finally, and he choose his t-shirt!!
I thought Tyler's backpack was big on him---wow! They both got new backpacks for school and of course, they think they are hot stuff. Even if they can't walk with their back-packs on their backs. The school asked for regular sized back-packs---or I would have sent them with more appropriately sized bags.
And, here they are...best buddies, ready for school. As I was taking their pictures, Jaden just leaned over and put his arm around Paige and smiled. Of course, I melted and yelled, "stay there, how cute!!"
They both did great their first day of school. They BOTH loved it! They brought work home and Paige (2) told me she glued "red circles --apples" so I was impressed. Jaden had trouble with eating his lunch. His teacher, Mrs. Roth, said she kept telling him to eat and he wouldn't so when lunch was over she took his food and he threw a bit of a fit. (I think a LARGE fit!). I told the teacher his dad and I have trouble with him wanting to eat EVERY night. So, we are hoping if Jaden learns nothing else this year, he will learn how to eat his food in a timely manner.
2 comments:
Hi Steph! I found your blog through Amanda's. :) You kids are so cute I think I'll put them in my pocket now.
OH MY GOODNESS!!! You are my putting MY kids in your pocket---It's about time :)
miss you!!
Post a Comment