Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas!!!

I do not like the saying----Happy Holidays.  And,it is probably heard more these days than
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


My dad and I were talking the other day about a song that goes something about " a Capital C"  It's about CHRISTmas!!

If you got my Christmas card this year----it says Happy Holidays!  It urked me to pick that card, but there were not a lot of options on the Walmart photo site and it was a last minute thing.  I had to choose color and style to match my picture, ya know!!!! :)  But, in my heart it says MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Another thing I OFTEN think about --
growing up, lots of people would abbreviate Christmas as xmas.  I remember my dad getting upset at me for doing this one time.  I told him it was just an abbreviation.... and he said we could not do that because it was x-ing CHRIST out of Christmas.  So, I NEVER EVER abbreciate Christmas to this day!!  If I do, I abbreviate it Christ. .

On a side note-- I have a TERRIBLE memory.  So, the things I do remember from growing up are because they were something we talked about more than once!!

So--- once again....
MERRY CHRISTMAS from our family!!!























































If you want SUPER FUN pictures like these----you need to call Meg Durekson in Newton!  Or, call me and I"ll hook you up!!  92 pictures on a CD for $50.  WOW!!!  And, fun backgrounds.  I'll post more of my new pics sometime soon.  All 92 of them---he he, or not!!!  

I don't know how to highlight Meg's name and allow you to click to her blog.  I haven't been taught that fancy stuff yet :) 

MERRY CHRISTMAS and 2010 here we come!!!

No comments: