Thursday, December 31, 2009

Making Cookies

Family Fun Night
Dec. 23rd


We started the night with making goodies...

Popcorn mix for neighbors and friends


This has become my traditional treat to pass out.  EVERYONE makes cookies--so I wanted something different.  I bought the CUTEST Santa bowls last year after Christmas to put the mix in this year!
 LOVED THEM!!

But, then we did make PB Kiss cookies...
First start with the Peanut Butter dough

Straight from the Refrigerator section at Dillons!!
**I PROMISE you--if you bake them just right--they taste BETTER than some homemade PB dough.
YES, BETTER!!!!


Roll dough into balls and roll in SUGAR!!!
YES--there was some sugar that was eaten from the bowl!


Next-- put on the pan to bake---just a little undercooked so they are nice and SOFT!!!  YUMMY!
I think Jaden ate 3 or 4 of these cookies a day.  Ok, maybe more like 5 or 6 a day.  But, who's counting!


Just a CUTE pic from that day!







After we baked our cookies the kids opened new PJ's, we ate dinner, and watched a Christmas movie!

Dinner-- cheese dip (a favorite at our house!), pizza rolls, salami/cheese/crackers, cookies, and popcorn mix.  This menu would make anyone happy!!!

Tyler told us MORE THAN ONCE that we were "the best parents" and this was "the best night EVER!" Why??  I'm not sure.  We watch movies together ...a lot.  Because they got new PJ's?  I don't think so...whatever it was, he was LOVING our night and I am SO THANKFUL for that!   It just goes to show you that it's the SMALL things that mean the most to the kids!!

No comments: