May 1st or May Day!! I remember delivering May Baskets as a kid around the neighborhood. We would make the May baskets (very similar to how we made them this year), but we would fill our May baskets with flowers. So, I have carried on the tradition with my kids. They love it!!
We fill our baskets with "stuff", but I wanted to find something to do with flowers this year, since that's what I remembered as a kid. The best place to find cheap gifts....Target dollar bins. And, lucky for me... I found the CUTEST mini (and I mean mini) flower pots, complete with seeds and all....for $1. So, each basket got a mini flower pot, a pencil, activity book, mini nail-polish (girls), crackers/cheese snack pack, a few stretchy insects and some chocolate!! Not bad for maybe $3.50 each basket! It doesn't matter what's in the basket, it's just the idea!!
We fill our baskets with "stuff", but I wanted to find something to do with flowers this year, since that's what I remembered as a kid. The best place to find cheap gifts....Target dollar bins. And, lucky for me... I found the CUTEST mini (and I mean mini) flower pots, complete with seeds and all....for $1. So, each basket got a mini flower pot, a pencil, activity book, mini nail-polish (girls), crackers/cheese snack pack, a few stretchy insects and some chocolate!! Not bad for maybe $3.50 each basket! It doesn't matter what's in the basket, it's just the idea!!
But, I like buying all the little "stuff"!!
Mary Kate (and her mom, Wendy) were coming over for a play-date on Friday morning, so we made May baskets together and delivered them.
Mary Kate (and her mom, Wendy) were coming over for a play-date on Friday morning, so we made May baskets together and delivered them.
Jaden, MaryKate, and Paige
(We tease Jaden that MaryKate and Leah are his girlfriends!)
Paige is in the phase were you tell her to smile and you get some cheesy looking smile!
Proudly holding their May baskets they had made---on the way to deliver them!
(We did NOT tell Jaden to lay his head on MaryKate. He did that all on his own!!)
As Jaden would say, "we're ready to May someone."
Proudly holding their May baskets they had made---on the way to deliver them!(We did NOT tell Jaden to lay his head on MaryKate. He did that all on his own!!)
As Jaden would say, "we're ready to May someone."
We took 3 May baskets around--the kids took turns ringing the door bell and laying the basket down. You know...we have to keep it fair.
So, cute....not sure what they were waiting for. (Actually, I think we told them to stand there real quick so we could get a picture)....then they took off running.
Making the May baskets was fun, delivering them and running away from the house was fun, but riding in the car all together without being buckled may have been just as much fun!! They thought it was cool to look out the back window of the car. **We only drove around the neighborhood--so it was safe!**
All done. On our way home!
After Tyler got home from school, he made 2 baskets for his friends--Hallie and Megan and delivered them. He didn't want Jaden and Paige to go to the door's with him, because they were too slow!! But, I told him that wasn't nice and they could go!!
Happy May!!

No comments:
Post a Comment