Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tyler's note

My first born is almost done with Kindergarten. I cannot believe the things he has learned in one short year. In 8 more days, he'll be a First Grader. He loves when I say that...he thinks he's so BIG----
and he really is.
Last week, I told him to write a note to someone.
I gave him the paper, he got a pencil and went to writing.
I did not tell him WHO to write or WHAT to write.
I did help him with some spelling.
And, this is what he wrote:

Precious!!!
I am guessing maybe all Kindergartner's love their first teacher. If not, Tyler does love his teacher. It's just so cute. When I was taking a picture of his note, he layed his pencil down and wanted to make sure I got a picture of his pencil too :)
He then put his note in an envelope.
Put Ms. Williams name on the outside and sealed it.
After school he told me, "Ms. Williams liked my note!!" as PROUD as could be. Apparently, she read it during centers and then came to his desk with it and said she "really liked her note!"
Let's hope we like all our teachers like we did this year.
Tyler: I am so very proud of you. You have grown to a sweet young-man this year. You are turning into a good listener (thank goodness), you are getting so smart, and you are so inquisitive. You ask a million questions and you love to figure things out. On every report card this year, you got the highest marks on EVERYTHING! (Well, Ms Williams says all Kindergartners get W---for working on--listening and following directions!) You are a good friend and you are FUN to be around. I enjoy watching you grow-up, even though it is a little sad. Mom and Dad love you dearly!! and we're SO proud of you.

1 comment:

Aaron and Shannon said...

Being a Kindergarten teacher...yea, most kids loves us! The sad thing is as they get older, it's not so much! By the end of first grade, we just are getting a wave and a hi, instead of the hugs and excitment of seeing us! Oh well...it's fun while it lasts!