Friday, May 22, 2009

I've been busy!

I haven't posted anything in a few weeks because I have been one busy girl! We went to Washington, DC the end of April and wow, May is almost over now. How time flies. Once I got back from DC, it was catch up for a week, then I made a rode-trip with Becky, Latisha, and Monica to KC for a day of shopping---that was FUN!! That was a few days after Mother's Day. We had Mother's Day with both our families so that was fun too. Let' see....what else. Of course, I've been busy with Premier, but the last few weeks I have been working on MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers.)

This past Thursday was our last meeting and it was SO MUCH FUN!! We did a "Favorite things" meeting---taken from Oprah's Favorite Things show. Becky and I have been buying all kinds of things we find on sale to give away, as well as asking EVERYONE and EVERY place for donations. And, then everyone on steering team donated 50 of their "favorite thing" to give away. We gave away: finger-nail polish, cotton squares, sugar cookies, sweet-tart candy, Diet Coke, Crystal light mini packs, decorating items, Bathe Junk supplies, sticky-notes, jewelry, make-up, perfume, candy bars, bottled water, tote bags, free lawn-mowing, ....and LOTS LOTS MORE!! It was so fun. Becky and I were a bit worried the girls wouldn't think it was as cool as we were thinking it was....but I think it was a HUGE success. We worked for weeks on this one meeting, but it all paid off! Then, the icing on the cake was several of our husbands came and they wore aprons (with sunflowers on them, this is all the church had, he he!!) and carried all the items to give away out on silver trays to give to the girls. So fun!!!

So, I have finally figured out (maybe) why God has blessed me with my 3 kids being so close together. For those that don't know----I have a 6 year old, almost 4 and almost 3 year old. At one time, I had 3 kids under the age of 4. It was HARD. I struggled a lot with having such little kids so close together. Not a lot of people know, but I struggled. Mostly personally, it was so hard. But, we have made it out of the worst part. I know there will always be struggles with parenting, but let me tell you how hard it is to go to the grocery store, or anywhere for that matter, with a newborn, 1 year old (who can't walk), and a 3 year old. IMPOSSIBLE!!!! But, I have made it. We have made it!! It just gets easier! We can even go out to eat now!

The other day I told Steve that my kids are really the ONE thing I cannot do alone---I so need God's help. I pray A LOT because of my kids and for my kids. I read my bible the most on those horrible/trying days. My marriage is good, my finances are good, my job is good, I am very blessed. God knew, that having these 3 kids, this close, would MAKE me lean on him. So, that I have done!

SO, I think this is why I love MOPS so much. Becky and I started MOPS at our church last September. We just finished our first year. Parenting is HARD, Marriage is hard, being a wife is hard and even harder to be a Godly wife and mother. So, it is now my mission to help moms. We moms don't get to be pampered. We take care of EVERYONE, but who takes care of us? So, I want to be able to pamper these mom's for 4 hours a month. I was also just asked to be on the Women's Ministry Committee at our church. At first, I thought I do not have time...... But, I went to the first meeting, to check it out, and I am PUMPED!!! I want to get young mom's connected and involved in the church. That's what they need. So, I am on a mission and I am so excited about it.

I saw a new MOPS mom in the hall at church last week and asked her if she was coming to MOPS the next day. She replied, "yes, I am so sad MOPS will be over for the summer, that 2 hours will be the only break I get for the next 3 months." Can you imagine?? This mom also has 2 boys with Autism. So, to think.... our MOPS group is giving this mom a very badly break from her boys----even if it's just 2 hours.

So--to all your moms!! Hang in there! Stick together and lean on God!

Phil 4:13
I can do ALL things through Christ who Strengthens me.

SO---that was a LONG explanation as to why I haven't blogged lately. But, I am going to catch up this holiday weekend. So, stay tuned :)

And, I will leave you with a FUN picture of my blessings!!

YES--they have personalities!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hey, I want to see DC pictures!!

I'm so glad you've found such a ministry with your MOPS group...that "fav. things" sounds fun! But I wouldn't want 50 of all different kinds of things...I'd just take 50 of all one thing...and I'd be happy if that was pepsi.

Waiting for DC PICS!!!