Saturday, October 18, 2008
Tyler plays football
Ok, it's Flag Football, but it's still football...and he's only 5. But, it was fun to watch. Gma Balzer admitted today, the last game of the season, that she didn't understand the "flags" they wear. Each boy wears a "belt" with colored flags around it. The goal is to "tackle" or tear the flag off the other team. It's mostly safe, but there were a few times when pulling the flag would end up with a pile of kids. (Thank goodness Tyler was never in this pile.)
Here's my adorable football player. Not sure if he was just looking towards me or if I yelled at him to look at me. Surely I wouldn't interrupt a game to get a cute picture? or, yes, I would.
Steve did not sign up to coach, but like usual, ended up helping coach. Tyler tells everyone his dad is his coach and Tyler LOVES that his dad is his coach, even though Steve doesn't LOVE trying to get 12 - 5 year olds to listen. It's good for Steve's patience. However, it's not good for me because I am then left on the sidelines with Jaden and Paige. Thank goodness for grandparents who help corral them.
Here's Tyler hiking the ball. I think it is so funny, they really hike the ball. How cute. And they even say "Hike". Too funny! Do the high school and college boys say "hike"?
My favorite picture. Tyler running for a TOUCHDOWN. And, YES, he got a touch-down. He ran probably 1/2 the length of the field. It was so cute, he ran right by me on the side-lines and he turned his head to look behind him, to see if anyone was close. I was so upset I didn't get it on video, but at least I got a good picture.
OH, how adorable. The crew on the side-lines. Now, don't be fooled. They did not usually stand on the side-lines, holding hands, watching the game. In fact, I don't even remember this one time when they did it. Usually they were eating snacks one of the grandma's brought for them, climbing on me, climbing on grandma, walking around with grandpa, running on the field (I think just once!), climbing on the bleachers, making a mess, being loud, etc. In case you didn't get the picture, I did not get to really watch a lot of the games. And, neither did the grandparents. But, we were there for moral support. And, thank goodness I did see Tyler's touchdown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment