Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2 Wheels or Training Wheels

About a month ago Tyler learned to ride his bike without training wheels. What a night. It's the cutest story EVER.... That night at dinner, I randomly asked Tyler, "if you could have one dream, what would it be." Thinking he's going to have some big, huge, dream....not really sure what, but something about living with Power Rangers or being a race car driver. Instead, without hesitation, he says, "I want to ride my bike without training wheels." I looked at Steve, he gave me a shrug that said, sure we can try. After dinner I had to leave for a Premier event. As I was leaving, Steve had taken off the training wheels and was walking beside Tyler helping him . When I pulled up in the driveway exactly 2 hours later, Tyler hoped on his 2-wheeled bike and started riding down the drive-way. WHAT??? I missed it all. Who would have thought.
Here's Tyler --- proud as can be. He told EVERYONE that he could ride a 2-wheeled bike. Steve said he walked beside him a few times and then he just did it. He went slow at first, putting his foot down often, and then he just took off. WOW!!!

And, here's my "poser". Tyler LOVES to have his picture taken. He poses and then asks me to take his picture. too funny....
The only problem with taking the training wheels off Tyler's bike, is now Jaden can't ride it. Jaden had just started riding Tyler's bike. Luckily, last summer I had bought 2 bikes at a garage sale to have one at each grandparents house, when the kids were there. So, Grandpa Roth brought their bike (with training wheels) over so Jaden now has a bike to ride too. **We are hoping Santa brings Jaden his own bike for Christmas this year.**

And, here's Jaden, loving his bike. He wants to go outside everyday and ride his bike. He's definitely still learning. He gets frustrated and whines a bit (or a lot) when he can't get the peddles going, but he's getting better.

Isn't he so cute.

1 comment:

Bz said...

Okay... I have spent entirely too much time reading your blog. I stumbled on it via the "next blog" button. You have an adorable family and they're so lucky to have a mom/wife like you. I about LOL (all's asleep in my house-it's way past my bed-time) when I saw the bubble bath gone wild pics- HILARIOUS! Anyway, just had to comment on what a fantastic job you're doing on your blog!