Saturday, October 18, 2008

Date night--or afternoon

After Tyler's football game today, Steve and I went on a date. Steve's mom took the kids home from the football game and we left to eat lunch, shop a little, and then went to the movie....FireProof. If you have not seen it, you must see it. Our Sunday school teacher told us how great it was and since then I have had several people tell me it's a great movie. It really was. It's about how marriage is hard and you can't give-up. You need to "fireproof" your marriage, but this doesn't mean you are not capable of having fires. It just means you are prepared and can handle the fires!

Before I got married, 8 1/2 years ago, my dad told me (more than once), that marriage was not easy. He told me it took work and it was hard work. I remember thinking, whatever.... Steve's so wonderful and so cute, we won't have any problems. But, I am SO THANKFUL my dad told me this. Even though my dad didn't know if I was listening at the time (and I really wasn't), I guess I heard it. Because I think of those wise words of wisdom often. I know if we struggle, that it is normal. I don't think any marriage has gone without problems. You just have to know you are in it for better or FOR WORSE!!

Everyone needs to go see this movie. Our Sunday school class is going to do the bible study series that was taken from this movie. It should be good as well.

My marriage is good, sometimes GREAT! But, sometimes hard. Especially with 3 little kids in the mix. But, thank goodness we are in it for good. Steve has put up with a lot from me and we learn everyday how to make our marriage better. That's what's FUN!

No comments: