Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jaden's Program

10:45am Kindergarten Christmas Program

11:00am Christmas PARTY in the classroom

This is Jaden's Christmas cookie he decorated himself.  
He only ate 1/2 of it---I think it was TOO SWEET for him!!!

What to wear??  Red or Green??
A note home said kids should wear RED for their program-- if they had it.  
Jaden came home and said they were told they could wear RED OR GREEN.
Good for us, because Jaden didn't have a red shirt, of any kind.

I get to school early, the day of the program,
 (Because I am the room mom and had to set up, etc.)

I see a SEA OF RED and then Jaden in his Green sweater.

Jaden was PRECIOUS CUTE, but literally the only student  wearing Green, in his class.

So, as any good mom would do...I called DAD!!!  HELP!!!  We need a RED Shirt!!

SO---Steve ran to Target and bought the only 3 shirts they had in Jaden's sizes.
I pick the one I like best.  
(In the back of my mind, I am thinking Jaden probably won't even care and
 will want to keep his sweater on.)

I pulled Jaden aside and said, "hey, Dad brought you a red shirt if you want to put it on so you match all the other kids."

"NO!  I I like this," was Jaden's comment!  without any hesitation or 2nd thought!

REALLY??  Did he not notice he was the ONLY KID in GREEN!!!!

So---he stayed in his super cute Green Sweater.  It is easier to find him this way in the pictures!  So, I guess I hope Jaden will always have the self-confidence and not care about what 
"everyone else is doing"----like his mom does!!!!

No comments: