Jesus' Birthday....has FINALLY ARRIVED!!!
The kids were up at 7:45am---mom and dad were SUPER happy with this time!!
Grab the camera, get the video camera, throw on a sweatshirt....
What did SANTA BRING?????
PAPER JAM guitars for EVERYONE!!
( I think this is Tyler's "rock-star"/serious face!)
They were all excited and Santa even picked out the EXACT ones they had wanted!
Santa also brought: books, fuzzy socks (big hit), card games, lip gloss (Paige), Webkinz, and more treasures to fill the stocking!! Santa did much better this not getting too much "little junk"!!
If you asked the boys after looking at Santa's gifts---I think they might have been a bit disappointed. They REALLY wanted iPod Touches and we told them they were "WAY TO MUCH MONEY" soSanta would have to buy those. And, they both TOLD Santa that is what they wanted! Well, Santa didn't get them!!
But, thanks to Craig's List---
THEY BOYS GOT iPod Touches!!!
Jaden's first words were, "how much did these cost mom???!!!!!!!"
They were, of course, SO EXCITED!!!
So---what did Paige get???
A Nintendo DS!!!!!!!!!!
WOW---she thinks she is BIG STUFF.
More bargain shopping on mom and dad's part----we bought Tyler's DS from him for Paige.
**She got a NEW Dora case and NEW Dora game!! She was thrilled!**
And, because Paige is 4, SHE HAS NO CLUE!!! And, Tyler still has not told our secret!!
(At this point, I don't care if she finds out----I just didn't want her to know Christmas morning!)
The other BIG hit of Christmas morning was---
Fleece blankets for each of them!
The boys got K-State. Paige got zebra print and butterflies!
Steve and I made the 3 for our kids and then Taylor and Mason each one.
Good quality bonding time for us!!
When Mason opened his K-State blanket ....this was my conversation with Jaden.
Jaden---I want a blanket like that
mom--Well, it's too late buddy, Christmas is tomorrow.
Jadne--WELL, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS AN OPTION!!!!!!!
mom--maybe I can make you one sometime
He was still talking about the blanket on the way home from Grandma and Grandpas.
So---Jaden was QUITE EXCITED to open his OWN blanket!!!
The kids also each got a pair of shoes!
The boys got matching blue tennis shoes and Paige got pink boots!!!
We are blessed beyond words! We purposely cut back on Christmas gifts this year.
We did 3 gifts each----just like Jesus got 3 gifts form the Wise Men!
We decided there is no need to just "buy gifts", to buy gifts. They kids get SO MUCH from their grandparents and aunts and uncles!! They are spoiled!!
I will admit though----it is fun being spoiled at Christmas!!!
We are BLESSED!!! and THANKFUL for what we have!!






No comments:
Post a Comment