Last month the boys had a day off of school
So--what did they spend their day doing....
PLAYING FOOTBALL!!
The 2 boys always play against each other.
They pick a team they want to be and as they would say, "they verse (as in versus) each other"
Well, this day, they decided they were going to have a "REAL GAME" and
have other people come watch the game.
So---the set up began.
Signs were made!!
They made 2 large signs. This one above, was hung on the deck off the SIDE of the house
so cars coming by could see the sign and know there was a game at 4pm.
Then, another sign was hung on the BACK of the deck so the neighbors behind us could
see the game information.
These boys 150% thought people would read their signs and show up at 4pm for the game.
They started getting ready for the game late morning and I told them the game had to be at 4pm---after naps!
They even got ALL the chairs from the backyard and VERY NEATLY lined them up!
They kept asking what we would do if more people came than we had chairs.
I tried to explain that we would have enough chairs.
Actually, I tried to explain that it might just be me and Paige watching the game.
I didn't want them to be heart-broken when no one showed up.
BUT---they assured me....people would come!!!!!!!
SO---what does a mom do in this instance??????
YOU CALL THE NEIGHBORS!!!!!!!!
Actually, I just called Becky and told her she needed to come over with her girls (including a 2 month old baby) at 4pm for the big game. It was important! And, she of course understood the importance! I instructed her not to tell my boys that I had called, but to say she saw the signs!!!
Well, at 4pm here comes Becky and the girls!!! How exciting!!!
BUT, Kari had also "seen the signs", (thanks to Becky) and her and 3 of her kids came over too!
Tyler and Jaden were SO EXCITED!!!!!
The chairs were FULL!!!! People really did see their signs!!!!
It was a great afternoon. The moms talked--while watching the big game of course--
and enjoyed the beautiful day.
Had it not been for the "big game" we would have all stayed inside!!
Kari's son Josh played in the big game too.
He was "all time quarterback" for awhile and then maybe ref for part of the time?
It was a FUN afternoon with lots of IMAGINATION used!!
What a fun day off of school!!!
2 comments:
love it! how fun!
that's awesome! I can just imagine their excitement! Good thing you have good neighbors.
Post a Comment