On our way home from our Manhattan day trip (see previous post)---we drove through Newton---
I was reading Facebook in the car and saw someone post about the Newton Fair/ Rodeo.
So, I had a great idea to stop in Newton for the Rodeo!!
Steve was less than thrilled about this...but it was his turn to go with the flow.
We went to the fairgrounds and ate before going to the Rodeo.
Growing up in Newton, I went to the Rodeo EVERY YEAR! Aunt Barb and Uncle Jim usually took us! It's just what we did. So, I was excited to take my kids. I told them we were going to the rodeo and they had NO IDEA what I was talking about. My kids are "city kids"--rodeo, horses, farms, etc....is not normal to my kids!
BUT, THEY LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF THE RODEO!!!!
We will be going back next year FOR SURE!!!!
I took this picture of the boys' flip-flops because we were among the FEW who wore flip-flops to the dirty/dusty Rodeo. But, we had not planned this part of the field trip!!
All the kids were called into the rodeo area (not sure what that's really called!!)
So--we lifted them over the fence.
They were suppose to chase after calves with ribbons tied to them and try to pull off the ribbons.
Each ribbon won you $25! WOW!!!
Each ribbon won you $25! WOW!!!
So, kids started running EVERYWHERE!!!
And, then we saw this....
Paige was not thrilled to be amongst all the kids running crazy.
Thank goodness Tyler picked her up and brought her to the fence where we were standing.
Once again----flip flops were not good to run around the dirt..... oh well.
After the Rodeo... it was time to go HOME....
but, not until we rode a few rides.
We were tired, we'd been gone all day, spent more money already than we had planned.
So---each kid got to ride 1 ride!
YEP!! 1 ride!
But, they were good with it. We told them it was already past their bed-time and
it was 1 ride or no rides.
And, they choose 1 ride!!!
The tilt-a-whirl for the boys...
The ponies for Paige
We may take another random day trip to Manhattan again,
but we will for sure being going to the RODEO again.
Actually, I'd like to go to the Rodeo one night and the Demolition Derby the next night.
Now my kids at least KNOW what a Rodeo is. (or Radio...as they kept calling it!)
And, next year we'll wear tennis shoes!!!
1 comment:
Aw, what a good big brother! That is SO precious!!
Post a Comment