Me and Sydney!!
Sydney is my Niece who does not live in Kansas!
Yesterday Sydney, 6, was diagnosed with Leukemia.
In one day, she went to her regular physician, was diagnosed with Leukemia,
and taken straight to a Children's Hospital. And, tonight, 2 days later, she started Chemo.
No one should have to go through this---but especially a 6 year old.
Sydney is my BUDDY!!! When we see them, she RUNS and gives me the biggest hugs. We only see them a handful of times throughout the year, but she will sit on my lap for days, just like we're always together.
I LOVE THAT!!! She loves her Aunt Stef and her Aunt Stef LOVES HER DEARLY!!!!
My heart is breaking. I just think about her, my brother, my sister (in-law) all the time.
They said in 4 days all her hair will be gone. SO---today I was on a mission to buy her some FUN, CUTE hats, scarfs, etc. And, we hit the jackpot. I am so excited for her to open her box next week and see all the SEQUINS!!! sent from her family in Kansas! Paige picked her a hat and said, "it looks like a Rock-Star"!!
Perfect!! Syd is a ROCK STAR!!!
My favorite 2 verses are---
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengths me. Phil. 3:5
and
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Rom 3:5
We surely cannot understand this right now and
we surely will not get through this without God's strength and help!!
Our immediate family has been through some JUNK this past year, but this puts things into perspective! What is really important in life? Money? Things? Vacations? NO!!
Our family and our relationship with God. So---these are things we will cherish!
PLEASE PLEASE Pray for Sydney and my brother and his family. She has a 9 year old brother Jeremy who needs prayers and love too.

1 comment:
We are praying for your family. I'm so sorry she is having to go through this. God is with your family at this time.
Post a Comment