Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goodbye decorations

What goes UP, must come DOWN....
Christmas is over....so time to take down all the decorations.


So---the "fun" started yesterday!  Steve had to work (yes--on  New Year's Day!) and we had planned to take down all the decorations when he got home.  He usually brings the tubs upstairs, I fill them, and then he takes them back down-stairs and puts in the store-room, in just the perfect way and just how he wants them organized!!


Well, I decided coming home from working on New Year's Day .. on the top of his list was probably NOT to help me take down decorations.  So--I decided to surprise him and take down ALL THE DECORATIONS BY MYSELF (expect our main big tree--I couldn't take that down!!)


I worked HARD and FAST so I could finish before he got home.
I got everything down and put in the storeroom and most of my "normal" decorations back up before he got home at 3pm!!  


He was surprised and THANKFUL TOO!!!


Then, the 5 of us headed to Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakquel....it was very funny!!  Whoever gave it a 1-Star rating was wrong.  We all loved it!!!  Then, home for  Biscuits and Gravy for Dinner!!  (This is our favorite meal and we didn't have time for it in the AM, so we had it for dinner.  And, EVERYONE eats good when we have this meal!!!


So---here's a little of what I took down yesterday!!
Until next year....



Thanks to Amanda and Danielle telling me about Picnik.com --I learned to make these cool collages!!
Fun huh!!!

No comments: