Monday, April 6, 2009

The Globetrotters

Last Tuesday, me and "my boys" (Steve, Jaden, and Tyler) went to see the Globetrotters at WSU. It was a fun night!
Paige stayed at Grandpa and Grandma Roth's house---even though she WAS NOT happy to be missing the "funny basketball players!"

Here's the boys--sporting their new Globetrotter "jerseys". They are actually t-shirts made to look like jerseys. You could buy a real jersey for $60. Obviously, we choose the "faux" jersey for $25 each!! The sales-lady told us the shirts shrink A LOT, so we should get a Small for Jaden and not the XS. So, we got the Small and Jaden did not like it because it was WAY too big. He cried, so we just got him the XS. Of course he wanted to be able to wear it NOW! So, I'll just have to be careful when I wash it.


Here's Jaden checking out his new shirt. From the moment we bought the shirt and put it on (immediately), he walked like this---looking down at his shirt. Steve and I were just cracking up. He just LOVED his shirt!

The fun started with GLOBIE, the Globetrotter's mascot. (I shouldn't admit this, but I didn't get the meaning of Globie, until we got in the car to go home!! he he)

When Globie came out, Jaden crawled to my lap and DID NOT LIKE HIM. He cried and even said he wanted to go home. Poor guy! Globie was out on the court for probably 10 min. before leaving for awhile. Once Globie came back, but he wasn't the "only attraction", then Jaden actually LIKED HIM!! Actually, when we got in the car to go home, Jaden talked about Globie more than anything. oh my....
And, here they are.
The Globetrotters!! #52 in the middle is the "main guy". The players and coaches wear
microphones so the crowd can hear what they say. #52 talks a lot through the night---he was the leader of the pack.

The boys!


Grandpa Roth gave the boys $5 to take to the game. So, they decided they wanted to buy a program with their $5. So, before the game Tyler and Steve looked through the whole book.

There was lots of clapping! And laughing---from most of us.
And, lots of eating.
BEFORE half-time, Tyler had eaten a carton of cotton candy ($1 in the Easter isle at Wal-mart!), a bag of cookies, and 2 bags of mini cheese-it crackers. By HALF-TIME!) Then, he ate more the 2nd half and tried everything to get Jaden's cotton candy! Remember-- I brought our own snacks and pop. There is NO WAY I could have afforded to feed that kid from the concession stand. And, YES, he had dinner before we went!!

Here's how Jaden sat 90% of the night. No emotion. I kept asking him if he was having fun or if he liked it. He kept assuring me he was having fun!! Even though there was no proof!!

This picture perfectly captures how Tyler was most of the night---just cracking up!!
(I think Jaden was a little young to catch all the jokes and when they did actually play b-ball, they passed the ball SO FAST I could barely keep up, there is no way Jaden could have been tracking the ball.) But, he said he liked it---that's all that matters.


How could stunts like this, not make you laugh!

It was a fun night. It was fun to be able to spend time with just the boys. It was pure JOY to watch Tyler just crack up and laugh and laugh and laugh! And, then it was a delight to hear them talk about it ALL THE WAY HOME and for the next several days.
We will probably go again next year--but we'll have to take Paige with us!

No comments: