Saturday, April 11, 2009

Anniversary gifts!

I can't believe I forgot to tell about our anniversary gifts!!

Side note: I have wanted "cow girl" boots, for MONTHS!! and Steve knows this. He was going to get them for me for Valentine's Day--and then "something came up" and he didn't get them. So, I thought maybe for our anniversary!!

Another side note: Gifts is NOT my love-language, but I would like Steve to buy me gifts (at least for holidays) without my help. When he does get me a gift, he does a GREAT JOB!! It's just not that often that he does it! AND--I usually get upset when he doesn't!

But, I am happy to say that after 9 years, I decided to just not be upset about my husband's "gift-giving struggles" and I would just buy myself an anniversary gift!! he he

So, I bought Steve's gift, wrapped it up (sack and tissue paper). And, then I also bought my own gift (my boots I wanted) and wrapped them up as well.

I gave Steve his gift when he got home from work! Then, we played outside and I had my gift sitting on the kitchen counter when we came inside. I acted like I didn't know what it was. I said, "did you get this for me!!!!!!" of course I was acting EXCITED!!! (I am laughing as I type this!!) Steve said he had no idea what it was. I opened it, and said, "ohhhh, you bought my boots I wanted.. thank you...." Steve was shocked. He didn't know what to say. He knew he had not bought it, but didn't know who did. Finally, I told him I bought it! Funny stuff!!

So, no more being mad about not having a gift. I got what I wanted and it fit! I guess I should have thought of this 9 years ago !!

Yes, I still love when Steve buys me gifts! I really love it! But, I just won't get upset about it--he claims it doesn't mean he doesn't love me!!

Steve's additional comments after he read my blog: Steve wanted me to be sure to write that, Tuesday, (the day before our anniversary) he came home from work and said he wanted to re-felt the pool table for his Anniversary gift and I could go buy my boots! BUT---being the day before, I had already bought his (our) gifts!! But, he did have the thought....

No comments: