Thursday, February 5, 2009

Why stay Home?

On days like today...I often ask myself, "why do I stay home (with my kids)." Paige cried for over an hour and did not want to take a nap. At one point she walked out of her room with her stocking cap on, her slippers on, and a pink dog in her hand. Yes, Cute and Funny...but NOT what she was suppose to be doing. Then, later I go in her room to find those things off, but a pair of underwear OVER her pants. Lovely.....

But, I remind myself, this is why I stay home---to see these silly moments. To put Tyler on the bus in the morning and kiss him and tell him to have a great day and I'll see you at noon. That's another reason--to get him off the bus and see his excitement of the day! Even when I get annoyed that he throws his back-pack and coat on the floor--I need to remind myself that at least I get to see him and TRY to teach him to put his things away.

Oh yes, days (or afternoons) like this make me question my abilities to be a "Stay-at-home" mom! But, I will choose to stay home!

Also--seeing Jaden walk right to me after waking up from his nap, every day, with his little "I'm awake" smirk! I wouldn't want to miss that. I cherish being able to hold him for those few minutes after he wakes up from his nap and snuggle. (Unless Paige wakes up at the same time and they both want me to hold them, and fighting breaks out if they touch each other!)

I was also thinking today---my kids get to spend a lot of time with their grandparents...because I stay home. Both Grandma's are good about calling and offering to come play during the day or taking kids to their house to play or spend the night. These "grandma days" would be harder to arrange and less often, if I didn't stay home. So, again I choose to stay home!!

So, I write this today, to remind myself, there are many reasons why I stay home. It's HARD WORK and draining, but I do believe my kids like being at home and not at a daycare all day.

With all this said, I am blessed to be able to stay at home. Right now, lots of families are losing jobs and getting laid off. I am THANKFUL that Steve and I both have good jobs (at least at the present time) and on top of that, we both LIKE our jobs. So, we remember that we are blessed and try not to take it for granted.

Oh and another reason I stay home -- so I can SHOPPING tomorrow when my wonderful mother-in-law comes to play with the kids!!

No comments: