For Tyler's "friend" b-day party he got to choose 6 friends to take to the movie with him. We went to the Palace and saw, Hollywood Chihuahua.
Here they are---on the VERY front row!! Pop and pop-corn in hand.


After the movie we went to McDonald's for ice-cream and to open presents. We had extra time, so we went to the Playland, so they could play in the tunnels....always a hit with my kids!
And, then it was time to take everyone home. And, WOW was my car LOUD! pop, popcorn, ice-cream, and running around in the McD's tunnels sure hyped up the kids!! But, they all had fun, that's all that matters.
The movie started at 2pm. We got there about 1:50 to find the movie was "sold out". The sign was up on the bill-board above where you pay, that says SOLD OUT. This could not be. There were no other kid movies playing at the Palace. I had 3 hours and then had to return all the kids to their parents. So, I went up to the ticket booth to "beg". I needed 8 tickets, including Steve and I. They told me they could sell me 6 tickets, but there would be no way we could sit together. I explained I needed an additional 2 for myself and husband and explained it was a b-day party. I continued to explain my husband and I could stand, but we had to be in the theatre with the kids!! The computer literally would not let them sell 2 extra tickets. So, we paid for tickets to another movie--so we had ticket stubs--and then went into the theater. (This was their suggestion, I didn't just do this on my own---even though I may have if they wouldn't let me! he he)
There were no seats. What would we do? I couldn't let the 6 year olds go in pairs to sit, throughout the theater and at that---6 year old BOYS!! no way.
Luckily---there were 6 seats on the center FRONT ROW!!! YEP! And, amazingly, the side front row had 2 seats. So, we all sat together...leaned back, slouched down in our chairs as to create the least discomfort on our necks!
Here they are---on the VERY front row!! Pop and pop-corn in hand.I think Tyler enjoyed the movie. Don't worry--he didn't sit like this the whole movie. There was lots of talking and laughing too.


It's easy to get a group picture, when you're on the front row!!
Backrow: Jackson, Tyler, Hallie, Megan
Frontrow: Austin, Noah

Three of a Kind--Megan is Tyler's new friend from Kindergarten. Hallie is his neighbor and great friend! Hallie is as girly as it gets and Megan is not. Being the paranoid mom I can be, I was worried how it would work with these 3. Would Tyler be nice to both of them? Ignore one for the other? One of my main goals in raising my kids is that they are nice to everyone.
Well, no worries--these 3 got along great. Hallie and Megan were laughing and wanting to sit by each other. They got along super.
After the movie we went to McDonald's for ice-cream and to open presents. We had extra time, so we went to the Playland, so they could play in the tunnels....always a hit with my kids!
And, then it was time to take everyone home. And, WOW was my car LOUD! pop, popcorn, ice-cream, and running around in the McD's tunnels sure hyped up the kids!! But, they all had fun, that's all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment