Cora is an 11 month old precious little girl who was diagnosed with cancer 3 short weeks ago and has already gone to be with Jesus. Cora's parents, Joel and Jess, are in my brother's Sunday School class in Newton. I have not met the family, but have followed their blog for the last 3 weeks. It is such an awful, but at the same time, amazing story. Can you imagine your 11 month old, being diagnosed with cancer and then losing her just 3 weeks later.
The story is amazing because of Joel and Jess extremely strong and outward faith. I love reading their blog because of the verses they post and just watching their faith through this terrible situation.
Why does God allow these things to happen? Why to a sweet, innocent baby. I have cried A LOT and I don't even know this family. I have cried because I know that could be my child. I have cried because I think of all the moments I miss with my kids (and other family members) just ASSUMING that we will have tomorrow. But, what if tomorrow my loved one would spend the rest of his/her days in a hospital bed.
Cora's story has not just touched me. It has touched THOUSANDS (maybe more) people in the last 3 weeks. So many people have been following this story and now want to help the family.
So, here's where the pink Cora square comes in:
Instead of buying flowers for Cora, the family is accepting donations to build The Cora playground at their church in Newton. If you click on the pink square, you will see over a 100 individuals who are donating their profits from their hand-made items they sell on Etsy. Most of these women do not know Joel and Jess. They, like me, have been introduced to the family in the last 3 weeks through a friend or their blog.
So, PLEASE click the pink square and BUY in memory of Cora and help fund The Cora Playground. I know Paige is going to have new hair bows and things from there. I am excited to then remember Cora when she wears them and hopefully NEVER forget how short life can be here on earth.
If you want the complete story of sweet Cora, PLEASE go to Joel and Jess's blog at-- http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/
Thanks for letting me share. This is a VERY SHORT glimpse of Cora. I would advise everyone to go to Joel and Jess's blog--you cannot help but be changed.
No comments:
Post a Comment