Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sisterhood of the Traveling Frame

You've heard of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants---where a group of friends all share the same pair of jeans. Each friend keeps the pants for equal amounts of time and then sends the pants to the next friend with a note explaining what she did while she had the pants.

So, I came up with Sisterhood of the Traveling Frame....

I made it and gave it to my friend, Wendy. Her family is struggling. Her husband lost his job and it's been a roller-coaster ride for 6 months--while he tries to find work. So, she gets the frame first. I wrote her name on the back of the frame and enclosed a note as to why I love these scriptures. When, her "bad time" has passed, then she will pass the frame onto another friend who needs to see these words on a daily basis.

Here's the frame!
Nothing special, just bordered paper and a inexpensive frame!

The first verse ( Proverbs 3:5) became my favorite when Jaden was in NICU for 10 days. There was nothing I could do. I could not try to understand it, because it did not make since to me. I just had to lean on God and trust him, that it would all be ok. Seeing your new born baby, less than 5 pounds and not able to touch him...that was hard.

Then, I just thought the 2nd verse (1 Thess. 5: 15-18) is a good verse to keep close to our hearts, at ALL times, but especially when we are struggling.

Be Joyful Always (oh.....I need to remember that!!), Pray continually, Give thanks in all circumstances (in all... I need to work on this too!). We know we will go through times of difficulties, but we need to remember God is always with us. Keep praying, be Joyful, and give Thanks ALWAYS!!!

No comments: