Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's a GOOD day!

What constitutes a good day? Well, today it is a SPARKLING clean house and a beautiful Spring day (yes, Spring day on Jan. 22!) What else makes it good? I got new jewelry in the mail and I have 3 jewelry shows in a row--which means I will have LOTS of money this weekend! Now, that is a good day!

But, back to my CLEAN house. I started at 8:45 this morning and I am mostly done now. It hasn't seemed bad though. I have had a cleaning lady for nearly a year (maybe not that long) and I LOVED it! I would come home and my whole house would be clean. She would come every 2 weeks. So, in between I wouldn't stress too much about dusting or vacuuming, because I thought, "I am paying her....why should I do it." This was good for me. I LOVE a clean house. I love vacuum marks on the carpet, so I actually don't mind cleaning. Actually, I like cleaning, if I didn't have 3 kids to take care of at the same time or 3 kids to mess up the house as I am cleaning it!! (When Steve and I were first married, with no kids, I vacuumed our little house at least every other day, sometimes I'd vacuum the front room every day---just to see vacuum marks. I also cooked every night then too :)

So, I am going to try being the "cleaning lady" he he. I am going to really clean my whole house, every 2 weeks and try to not too worry about it too much in between. Did I say my floors were SPARKLING?? They are...and I love it! It's just such a good feeling.

And, my little kids did GREAT this morning. We rocked out to Christmas music all morning while I was cleaning. (yes, we're still listening to Christmas music here--EVERY day.) At one point, Paige and Jaden were both jumping on the couch to VERY loud music. (I do not allow jumping on the furniture.) But, today I just looked the other way--I was getting my house clean, they were having fun.... I know maybe not the best parenting move. But, it didn't last too long!

So, here's to my clean house! AAUUHHHhhh.... and now it's time to shower and play in my new jewelry!! All, before the little ones wake up from naps!

No comments: