Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful for Grandparents

WOW!! It's been a long time since I have blogged. I have been busy "making" Christmas presents. I can't go into detail because my loved ones who are getting the gifts read this blog. But, I have spent every minute the past week working on these AWESOME gifts. I love them and I hope they do to. So, that's what I've been doing.

I am going to try to be more THANKFUL--appropriate with Thanksgiving coming up, I thought! So, today I am thankful for Grandparents. Steve and I are heading to KC tomorrow to SHOP, EAT, DRINK, HAVE FUN, SHOP, and SHOP some more. Saturday we are going to the K-State/Nebraska football game. This is our 2nd year to go with our friends, Brian and Becky. We are making it an annual tradition. We have LONG lists of Christmas gifts to buy and a LONGER list of stores to find and go to in KC. We had a BLAST last year. We had 2 HEAPING carts at TJ Max last year, so we're hoping to find more bargains there this year. We are also looking for Paige a big girl bed--at Nebraska Furniture Mart. And, lots of toys to be bought.
But, if we did not have GRANDPARENTS, we could not do these fun weekend trips.

Paige went to Grandpa and Grandma Balzer's and the boys are going to the Roth's. Paige woke up this morning asking for Grandpa to come get her. Then, when grandpa did come, the boys CRIED for 30 minutes because they were ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa Roth's. Tyler figured out that Paige gets to stay 3 nights and they only get to stay 2 nights. That just was not fair. They will all have SO MUCH fun! So, thank you grandparents.

Other things I'm thankful for: Steve, my kids, my house, church, friends, neighbors, my Premier job, Steve's new business, my car, food in my fridge, healthy kids, health for Steve and I, my warm bed, my clothes, DIET COKE (seriously, I am becoming more addicted the last week as I've been staying up til 2am working on my "projects"), my siblings, my nieces and nephews, my Sunday school class, and on and on.

I get stressed out and think things are so hard sometimes, but HONESTLY, I (and most of us) have it GOOD. I am trying to teach my kids to be thankful for dinner on the table, because some kids don't get food every night. Tyler will now say, "I know mom, you don't have to tell me again..." But, I do. We need to remember to be thankful for EVERYTHING.

No comments: