This past weekend was our annual trip to the K-State/Nebraska Football game with the Wilkinson's. Brian Wilkinson is a HUGE Nebraska fan and Steve is a HUGE K-State fan. We started our tradition last year. We will go to the game every year, spend the weekend in KC and Christmas shop. And, did we Christmas shop.
We got to KC about 11:30am on Friday. Shopped til about 7:30. Checked into our hotel and then met Julie and Glen Oetken for dinner at 8pm. Dinner, drinks, shooting pool, talking and to bed at 1am.
We got up Saturday, hit Wal-Mart before the game, hit Oak Park Mall right after the game and then dinner and drinks about 9:30pm. Our eating schedules were all off. We couldn't stop to eat until the stores were closed--so we ate late each night.
Sunday we got up, went to Old Navy and back to Toys R Us and then home.
We took the Wilkinson's Yukon XL. The 3rd row and the ENTIRE back was FULL(to the roof) with our Christmas presents. We shopped and we bought. It was so much fun. I think I have 1 more thing to buy and then I am DONE. What a great feeling.
The boys were such good sports. They shopped with us for quite a bit of the time. But, when they weren't with us, they were eating. They did eat a lot.
The game: The final score was Neb. 56/K-State 28. It was fun, even if we didn't win...again (like last year.) This year we got box-tickets. Now, that's the way to watch a game. Inside, warm, free food, free drinks, etc. Next year, we'll be back outside, hopefully not freezing.
Pictures: I had taken my camera to get great pictures of us in Purple, them in Red. To get pictures of shopping, etc. I pull out my camera to take the first of many pictures of the weekend...it's dead. of course. So, no fun pictures this year.
But, I am getting better at taking my camera places with me. Now, I just need to keep it charged!
No comments:
Post a Comment