Every Saturday for more than 2 months we have traveled to watch the boys play football! Often I had to take Tyler alone because Steve was coaching Jaden and couldn't leave or had to come late to Tyler's game! I told Tyler is was like a DATE! Just me and him. And sometimes we took Paige on our football date out of town! Tyler learned that his mom is not good with directions! We got lost more than we did NOT get lost! And, he will tell you he was late to 2 games...because we got lost! It kind of became a joke when it was getting close to arrival time and we had no clue where we were!
I'm all about making MEMORIES with my kids! I didn't say they were always GOOD memories! These weren't really "bad" memories! We laugh about it! I told Tyler I saved him from warming up in the cold weather....when I got him there late!!
One memory---the entire 45 minute drive to his game (before we got lost) Tyler and I talked about HIM Driving and what type of car he would have, etc. He asked if I thought he would get a Mustang....UM, NO!!! So, I tried to explain you don't really "pick" your first car. You get something old, something cheap that we can afford, etc. So, then he started trying to spot cars on the highway that he thought maybe he could get! It was SOOO cute! And if you know Tyler....he asks LOTS of questions! He does not like silence! We talked about HOW to drive, taking the driving test, you name it, we talked about it....
for 45 min!!! Love that sweet kid!
Some RANDOM end of the year pics!
A pep talk before the game!
And, he's down...
Before Tyler turned in his helmet for the year---we had to take a picture of the stickers the team earned! This was the first year the boys earned stickers for things like:
no scoring in the red zone
keeping them to 1 TD or less
Tyler's team ended the year 5-3-1
And the one sticker on the front of the helmet was Tyler's INDIVIDUAL STICKER!
Each game an individual sticker was given to the player who put forth the best effort and played the best! This is an honor to get this sticker!
Awards at the end of the season!
Coach Bantz was awesome and we are sad he is moving and will not coach again next year!





No comments:
Post a Comment