Tuesday, February 26, 2013

SNOW!!!!

I am SOOOO behind on my posts! 
Someday soon I will go back and do Christmas and everything I have missed
 
But, the kids have been out of school for 4 days because of SNOW!!!  Yes, 4 days!!  So, I have taken a TON of pictures of all the FUN we have been having! 
 (I didn't take pictures of the non-fun/yelling/getting in trouble times!!)
 
We really did have fun!  Sledding, making a snowman, a snow fort, sledding, playing outside, yummy soups, some chores, movies in the basement, going to the movie,
crafts, and who knows what else!!
 

DAY 1---we took the kids and Hallie and Leah to "the mountain" to sled!! 
Off of Kellogg--right by the Palace, there is a great hill!  2 years ago, we saw a ton of people there sledding as we were driving by and said we wanted to go there!  Well, it took 2 years for us to get enough snow to go!!!

 
To get from the parking lot to the HILL, you have to cross this little stream!  So, we had to get 4 kids across the water.  Steve decided it was just easier to carry Paige across.
 
 
Steve stayed at the TOP of the hill to help the kids with the sleds!
I stayed at the bottom of the hill to make sure they didn't slide into the stream.
Actually, I just took pictures!
 
 
Can you tell Tyler GOT SOME AIR in the left picture??  There was a man-made bump that Tyler kept going over!  He really got some air under his sled!  SO FUN!!!
 
Then, he would have to rest on the ground!
He's not hurt Grandma...just resting!!
The kids claimed it was HARD WORK walking up the hill so many times!
 
PURE JOY!!! 
 
WHAT FUN!!!
 
And of course it's more fun when you take FRIENDS with you!!!
 
So much fun!  And, that was just a few hours of the 4 days off school!
 


No comments: