Tyler John turns 10!!! Double digits!! WOW!!
Tyler wanted to start a NEW Tradition that they (the kids) get to open one present in the morning before school! Well, Steve and I were SO EXCITED (especially me!!) to give him one of his presents so we EASILY agreed to the NEW tradition!!
YES!!! Our 10 year old SON....wanted PINK TENNIS SHOES!!!
And not just a little pink...he wanted ALL PINK shoes!!!
Tyler found some similar shoes when we went to Branson in November and was DYING to have them! We didn't get them. 1---a boy with pink shoes?? 2--they were $100
3---a boy with pink shoes 4--I figured I could always order them later
if we decided to actually get them.
Long story short---Tyler never forgot about those shoes. He kept asking! Begging!
Christmas came and left and I think he was a bit disappointed he didn't get them!
I did call the Branson store, they were sold out. So, we started looking around.
NOT EASY to find ALL PINK shoes. But, we did it!
YES they are women's shoes....size 8 1/2. (I wear size 9---crazy!)
And now---if I had a dollar for every 4th grade boy or mom of a 4th grade boy that wants to know where I got Tyler's "cool pink shoes"---I'd be RICH!!!!! The boys LOVE them! Tyler LOVES them! At least it's a gift I think we will all remember we gave him....
when he turned 10!!!
The day starts with YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST!! Dad's Biscuits and Gravy!!
A picture with your siblings...and your PINK SHOES...before school!
AND---for the record. Jaden would not be caught dead in the pink shoes!
We had a FOOTBALL theme for this b-day! The older they get...the harder the "themes" get! Basically it's just the type of plates/napkins we buy and maybe the cake!
And, I didn't even get a picture of any of the decorations!!
Again---the older they get---it's not about that as much!
HINDSIGHT---I wish I would have done a PINK PARTY!!! Tyler LOVES pink! He (and the other boys in his school) have loved pink for a year now! It really would have been fun to just have EVERYTHING PINK! And, Tyler would have loved it!! But, it is taking Steve and I time to warm up to the idea of PINK!!!! for TYLER!!
I'm anxious to see how long this fad lasts!
There were other gifts too: MONEY, basketball bag, K-State sweatshirt, an arm-sleeve to wear for basketball (because the Pros wear them! HA!!), Neon shirt (he LOVES Neon too!) and more!!
Tyler requested the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting that Grandma Balzer made! (Grandma Roth makes it too---but he had, had it at Grandma Balzer's recently!!) PERFECT!!! Let's ask Grandma to make the cake and bring it! This is MY FAVORITE cake too! YUMMO!!
But, again...no theme, just his favorite cake!!
And, when you're 10---you are definitely old enough to light your own candles!
And, he got to end the night playing his new guitar for everyone!
The first song he learned was...LEAN ON ME!!! Steve taught it to him in a matter of minutes! SO FUN!!
TYLER:
You are an awesome son! We love you SOOO much! You are hilarious! You've got the best attitude and you continue to be a friend to EVERYONE! You are an awesome athlete and you love Jesus! You are always wanting to invite friends to church with you and I think that is great!! You have gotten straight A's so far and you are a great student! You love playing Football on the PlayStation when it's cold outside. But, otherwise you want to be OUTSIDE playing football or basketball.
You love hanging out with friends! You think it's quite "cool" to text your friends and mom and dad from your IPod Touch! I especially giggle when you text me from the basement to say, "come put me to bed!" (Love that my 10 year old still wants EACH parent to come pray and tuck him in at night!)
I love that you are getting older and we can have "real conversations"!
You love little kids and I think you're going to grow up to be a teacher/coach/ or something in that field! You say you're going to grow up to be a PROFESSIONAL athlete! We shall see!
Love you buddy! Thanks for being an awesome SON!
love--mom and dad





No comments:
Post a Comment