Monday, November 22, 2010

School Halloween Parade

Around a holiday---with 3 kids in school---
I am busy.  Going, Going, Going, to their different parties!!

The boys' school does a Halloween costume parade before their Fall Parties.
Since Jaden is 1/2 day Kindergarten, this means 2 different parades on 2 different days and
2 different Fall Parties.  But, it's SO FUN!!!!

Sitting at his table---waiting for the next directions.


Lined up in the hallway--
the Kindergartener's get to parade through the halls of the school while all the big kids 
(1st through 4th grade) sit along the hall and watch.  


The older kids LOVED Jaden's K-State costume.  
He got LOTS OF CHEERS and "GO K-State"
Shy little Jaden just walked quietly down the halls with his head slightly down.  
He hardly cracked a smile and surely did not interact with any of the students.  I walked
beside him through the halls and encouraged him to give the kids a "thumbs up" 
or something...
but no response from Little Mr. Serious!!!

I thought it was so FUN having all those kids yell for or at Jaden!!!

When we got in the car to go home, Jaden said, "All the kids liked my costume"
So, at least he heard them cheering for K-State and for him!!!


Mrs. Williams AM class

And, then back to the class for treats and games!!!
I wish I was 5 again!!

Thinking back to my Halloween Parades----
Makes me remember one year when my mom MADE ME be a pig and wear a pig nose!  
I don't remember what any other part of my costume was, I just remember the little pig nose with elastic around the head.
I hated it!  I have a horrible memory and I do not remember much from my child-hood, 
but I do remember HATING the pig nose and not wanting to wear it for my 
school parade at McKinley!  Funny huh!!!

No comments: