Sunday, June 13, 2010

Y I go to the Y

Confession time---

I have never liked to work out, BUT....I have lately wanted the LEGS of those that DO WORK OUT!  I have finally realized that I will not get those legs unless I work-out.  UUGHH!!!!!!!

And, I have slightly obsessed about LEGS for the past year!

SO---we joined the Y!  It was $4 enrollment time!  So, if we were going to do it, now's the time.

In 2 weeks I have gone 6 times, I think!  I am super impressed with myself.  

I have mostly been doing classes:  Step, Cycle, Some other class with a 1/2 ball thing that was hard to stay on??.  Today I went by myself and walked on the treadmill.  I was proud of myself.

I think (not for sure yet) that I am liking it.  I like that it gives my kids something to do---the Kid Zone.  They get bored by 11am if we just stay home.  And bored= fighting at our house!  I like that I can take care of myself.  I like that my legs already look more toned.  I like the feeling that I am "doing something" rather than cleaning, working, or taking care of the kids!!!

So---we'll see how long this lasts, but for now it's good!

I tried this routine 2 years ago and literally lasted 2 days.  BUT--- 2 years ago I had a 1 year old, 2 year old, and 4 year old.  More than 1/2 my kids couldn't even get themselves into the Y on their own.  I was carrying 2 kids, bottles, diapers, blah blah blah.....needless to say, it wasn't worth it then.

I think it might be worth it now!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

WOW - way to go!

man, if only I could take the kids and drop them off at a "kids zone", that would be AWESOME!