Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quiet Time

My friend and I have been walking again in the mornings. We did it a month or so ago and took a couple weeks off and now we're back at it. We walk from 6:45-7:15 before our husbands go to work. This week, my kids have slept in until 7:45 or even 8am. SO---I get home and go straight to my deck. It is BEAUTIFUL outside. And, I am NOT NOT NOT a morning person. But, this week I have loved it. I have done my devotions and prayed outside on the deck. I have just loved it. So, hopefully my kids will continue this pattern of sleeping in a bit later so I can enjoy my alone time in the morning before the day starts!!

This was my verse from my study today...
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure, whatever is right,...think about these things. Phil 4:8 (This is paraphrased from memory). Basically, we are to THINK POSITIVE thoughts. Amazingly, I needed this verse today. So, I urge you to think only positive thoughts today and see how your day goes. **There were a few times today I needed to remind myself of this--but reminders are good. God does not expect us to be perfect!

So, here's to finding your own quiet time even if it's in the morning and you hate mornings, like me!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Thanks for posting that verse. That was just what I needed as well. I too get up early(but I am a morning person) before everyone else does just so I can have my quiet time. It's quiet. It's pure. It's beauitful to wake up and be able to see God's plan unfold. All week I have been touched by the clouds around 7am. Just amazing...of course only given to us by God. Thanks again for your encouraging post!