Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Birthday FUN!

Birthday Traditions--- We try to have lots of traditions at our house, especially now that the kids are getting bigger and I feel like there is more we can do, more they will remember and even appreciate. I remember growing up we always got to choose where we wanted to eat on our birthday or what we wanted mom to make!!

Our tradition for birthday's is to basically have a SPECIAL, out of the ordinary, day!!

The day starts with a Birthday Banner being hung from the Birthday Person's door. This is the first time Paige has gotten it. It has circles hanging down from it. I hang it when they go to sleep so it's there when they wake on their birthday! This morning she came in our room, just smiling, and asked "Did you hang those circles on my door?" She didn't know it was a Birthday banner, but thought it was fun!!

Paige choose Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast! Funny huh. Steve asked her what she wanted for breakfast and that's what she requested. Then, he even asked her if she would rather go to McDonald's (which the kids LOVE)! And, she still choose B&G!!

Then, to Story Time at the Library!!

Steve went to Story Time today--Here's Paige sitting on his lap! She's wearing a Birthday Ribbon that she kept messing with and wanting off, then on, then off,

Then, to McDonald's for Happy Meals (lunch) and home to eat.

Next, Paige got her "big" present today from Mom and Dad.


Her FIRST bike. Or, her "big bike" as she calls it!!

Then, all 3 on their bikes- headed to the pool to swim!!

Now, here's trouble coming down the sidewalk---watch out!!



Swimming..... and then home for naps at 2pm! What a day already.
Up from naps for Dora Cupcakes (I wouldn't have bought these, but they were on clearance for $1.49---so I had to get them!) Tyler and Jaden loved them, but Paige wanted fruit snacks instead!! Go figure! Then, we threw away the other 4 in the pack! It was BRIGHT pink frosting that stained the boys hands and mouth and LOTS of frosting. yuck.
We turned on the sprinklers and let the kids play in the back-yard. Leah and Hallie came over too, for a bit.
Spaghetti for dinner with bread sticks.
Then, a bike ride on her new bike.
And, we finished the night watching High School Musical. (This is night 3 of watching it. We watched all of 1 and now we're half through 2. The kids all LOVE it!! I told them they can't watch it tomorrow night while I'm at a jewelry show, because I love it too! )
On a sad note: I think Paige has a urinary track infection. She says her bottom hurts when she goes to the bathroom and I finally, after 2 days, figured out she meant her "potty" not her bottom. She couldn't go to sleep because she was crying that it hurt, so she got to sleep with daddy on the couch down-stairs. He just put her in bed!! So, we'll go to the Dr. tomorrow. But, she had a FUN day!!

Hopefully she'll be feeling better by Saturday for her Family Birthday Party. Then, July 8 we go to Build a Bear for Jaden and Paige's birthday together!! It's pretty much a party here for the next month!!

No comments: