Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rainbow Cake

Pagie's 4th birthday CAKE
We were going to have a BALLET "birthday party" (for the family), but there were NO ballet plates/napkins  to be found---at a price I was willing to pay.  I found on Ebay, Super cute, angel ballet napkins, but with shipping one pack of napkins was $10.  Not doing that.

--





So we went with DORA!!  Paige's favorite show to watch is probably Dora right now---if her brothers will let her watch it.  And I found PINK Dora "stuff"---so that works!


So, now a cake...I didn't want a dorky Dora cake!

A year ago I had saw a RAINBOW CAKE on another blog and I have wanted to make it, but was afraid of what it would entail!   I  wanted to make it so badly that I put "make rainbow cake" on our 
SUMMER FUN LIST!!

So--I decided to make it for Paige's birthday....
AND IT WAS A HIT!!!!!
Isn't it so pretty!  So girly!

I borrowed 4 bright food colors from a friend and thought I had orange.  Well, I didn't have orange, so I had to use my normal food coloring.  I had borrowed TEAL and then I used BLUE  from my stash.  I was afraid yellow wouldn't show up and red seemed to bright.  I don't know what my other options were, but I choose blue.  I should have choose a different color, but that's ok.  It still looks cool.  So---the 2 blues are not the exact same color, even though in the picture they look as if they might be.


My kids LOVED the cake.  ALL 3 OF THEM!
Jaden asked if he could have a rainbow cake for his birthday and then I reminded him we were going to make him a K-State cake!!

They also LOVED the taste.  They just loved it all---the colors, the fun, the taste, the butter-cream frosting me MADE...

It wasn't even that hard to make it.  Jaden was at Gpa and Gma Roth's so I let Tyler and Paige help and they had a great time mixing the colors.  (much easier to do with 2 kids than 3 kids!!)

So---we will for sure be making this cake again.  Maybe on the first day of school with Primary colors?  Who knows when---but we will be making it again.

A Funny---
Steve made some AMAZING pork smothered burritos for the family dinner.  They were so yummy and some delicious mexican rice too.  So, our neice, Emily (19) said---
"you and Steve should open a mexican restarant/cake business"
TO FUNNY!!!!!  First, I don't think those 2 things go together, but more funny is....
someone telling ME, I should SELL my cakes.  But, it sure did make me feel SUPER GOOD!!
So, thanks Emily!!!

Now, I have to start thinking about how to do a K-State cake.
I think Steve will be put in charge of that.  

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Great cake...sorry we missed it.