Friday, February 19, 2010

Easy/home-made B-day party

Well, another week gone by.  I have pretty much caught up around the house----as much as possible.  I should be cleaning toilets, but what's one more day?  right?  So, I am finally going to finish blogging Tyler's b-day!  I have 24 minutes til kids wake up and Tyler gets home from school!!

This was the first b-day party that we ON PURPOSE made CHEAP!  And, I am happy to report Tyler had a great time (and I think his friends did too!)  Tyler loves to play games, so I thought a game party would be fun.  

So--I made this invitation, which I thought was super cute!  I had boughten candy in the Dollar Bins at Target that were in board game boxes (so, there was Candy land candy in a Candy Land mini box, Battleship, etc.)  So, we hand delivered our invitations and taped a mini game box to the invite!  Tyler thought that was cool.


To go along with our "game" theme--we bought each friend either a Bakugan card game (Target after Christmas clearance or a Princess card game (Dollar Tree) and a activity book and a piece of gum and a few pieces of candy.  And, do you like our treat BAGS!!!   I had those in the cabinet :)  My take on treat bags---kids, or parents, throw the crap away after a week anyways.  So, I am not big on just giving junk.  Of course, my kids LOVE the little trinkets and what not.  But, I don't get into big/fancy treat bags---and especially this year.  

And, home-made cupcakes!  
I thought the "candy-land cake" that is so popular was a bit girlish, so we went super cheap (and easy I will admit) with cupcakes. 
None of the kids seem to miss a "fancy/themed" cake!!!
And, guess what.....
we didn't even have ice-cream !!!

Tyler and Hallie

Jacob, Jackson, and CJ

CJ, Hallie, and Megan

 We had 4 stations of games and the kids rotated around
1.  Tic Tac Toe/Connect 4
2.  Trouble
3.  Air Hockey Table
4.  Twister

Then, we finished up with a group game of  Zingo!

Another fun thing---we had each friend bring THEIR favorite game.
  So, the kids took turns playing a few "new" games.  

Tyler and Ethan

Tyler and Jacob

Tyler, Ethan R., and Jacob have become 3 peas in a pod!
 Tyler talks about these 2 boys non-stop!!

Tyler had LOTS of FUN with his friends at his house----just playing games. 
 Nothing fancy, just good old fashioned PLAYING!!!!!

Happy Birthday Tyler!!! 

No comments: