Happy Valentine's Day to ME!!!
So, Happy Valentine's Day---my house is mostly clean! (Gotta love Lysol wipes for the bathrooms!)
Saturday---basketball games at 9am and 11:45am. Home for naps and I took a nap today (Happy Valentine's Day to ME!!). Then, I decided to clean out the "clothes" closet. This is where I keep tubs of clothes I have bought for upcoming seasons or clothes that are outgrown. (Paige's outgrown clothes go in tubs for Garage Sales. Tyler's clothes go in tubs to give to Jaden. Jaden's clothes get bagged up and given to Mason.)
After going through the tubs with clothes ready for Jaden, we found 2 pairs of size 5 jeans---which he is ready for!!! yeah! I also found 4 new shirts, 4T, that I had bought and forgot about! Ooppss!! But, YEAH!!! New shirts for Jaden. And, then we found TONS of other clothes that Jaden can wear of Tyler's now and this summer. Jaden will not be getting ANYTHING new! Ok, he will get some, but NOT MUCH!!! I am not exaggerating, I think he has 8 pairs of size 4 shorts and probably 12 pairs of size 5 shorts, or more!
Tyler on the other hand---has 1 pair of shorts for this summer and a handful of shirts. I think I'd better find some sales for him SOON!!! (It's obvious that my shopping has been diminished the past 8 months or so).
Then, we put the kids to bed and cleaned out the STORE ROOM! We have a huge store room that we could not walk into, because it was such a cluttered mess. This made me grumpy just THINKING about what was behind that door. SO---Happy Valentine's Day to ME---the store room is CLEAN!!!
So---as you can see--it doesn't take much to make me happy :)
We set out the kids' Valentine's on the table and it doesn't take much to make my kids happy either, which I am thankful for. They are each getting a Crayola art set, box of chocolates, box of conversation hearts, and a card! They will be thrilled!!!!
Growing up---we always got a NICE Card (not the 50 cent cards that I bought my kids this year) and a box of candy on the kitchen table in the morning. Mom would always make us HEART-Shaped pancakes too! I would make the heart pancakes tomorrow, but we won't have time before church?? or maybe we will!!!!
SO---we'll see what takes place tomorrow----on Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
ha, our kids are getting nothing for vday - oops!
Post a Comment