Sunday, August 9, 2009

Shaving Cream FUN!!

9 bottles of shaving cream +
$11 and some change =
an hour of Summer FUN!!

It started very innocent!
I only pulled out a few of the bottles of shaving cream and sprayed the kids' picnic table with it. They played in it for a bit with their hands.
Nothing too crazy. I was actually thinking---well you guys are no fun!!
Then, I let them spray the shaving cream themselves....more fun!!
Then, I told them they could get it on their bodies.
Now it was getting more fun !!
Each time I pulled out a new bottle, they got excited all over again!






And, then it got CRAZY!!!
We did this while Jeremy and Sydney were here, which was a good idea, because Jeremy and Tyler definitely enjoyed it the MOST!! The others liked it too, but not this much!

Look at Tyler's face----pure delight! That makes it all worth the mess.

The fun was over, we were out of shaving cream---
time to get hosed off!
Then, Steve just sprayed down the picnic table and the grass and the mess was cleaned up! No big deal!!
At our house---I have all the crazy ideas (or learn them from other's) and Steve is never super excited about my crazy ideas. But, he agreed it wasn't that bad! And, the kids had a blast! There faces when I told them they could get the shaving cream on their bodies----priceless. They thought I was the BEST mom (and Aunt) ever!!!
So--thanks to Meg Duerkson for posting this on her blog. She did this with her kids, which then sparked me go out and buy the "supplies" the day I read it!!
How FUN!!!!! We'll do it again sometime, for sure!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

you're in trouble, you're in trouble! (I'm singing that to the tune of NA-NA-NA-NA-BOO-BOO!) HAHA!

Anonymous said...

You can also add food coloring to the shaving cream. We would do this with my early childhood classes when I used to teach. They loved mixing the colors and sometimes we would add toy vehicles, too.