Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Day of School

 3 full months of SUMMER....over....and time for school to start again!


           Tyler--- 4th Grade                              Jaden--2nd Grade                        Paige--1st grade




Waiting patiently for the bus...
no tears the first day...for the kids
 
THEN--I jump in my car and follow the bus so I can watch the kids walk into school
on the first day and get pictures at school!
 
 
Will I get to do this next year for Tyler???  In 5th grade??  maybe not!
 
On the way to see them at school---I was tearing up! They are getting so big! Did I do a good job with them while they were home? Did I...Should I... Will they....
I love my kids! I just want the best for them! of course!!!
 

Paige walking in with Madeline! 
 Madeline is our neighbor and a new friend in her class this year!


 
Tyler and Harrison---with Jaden right behind!


Paige and Mrs. Rider
I took Paige to class first!  Her first REAL DESK
 (last year was a TABLE with other students).
Real text books. All DAY!  Lunch at school! So many new things! Wow!  So, fun!!

Jaden and Mrs. Whelan
yes, Mrs. Whelan again!  Tyler had her 2 years and now Jaden!

Jaden has already commented that 2nd grade is much more "work" than 1st grade!  He has one of his "best buds"-Caleb L-- in his class.  So, that helps a little! 
Jaden is very intelligent and will do great...even if it is a little harder
 and more WORK and LESS PLAY!!

Tyler and Mr. Kline
Tyler so badly wanted Mr. Kline (a boy teacher) for 4th grade!  I had a male teacher in 4th grade and LOVED HIM!!!  As a girl, I wasn't so sure about it at first---but, I loved Mr. Kent
 (I think that was his name!  HE HE!!)

One of Tyler's strengths is that he can and will make friends with ANYONE!  He didn't have a "best bud" in this class, but he didn't say one word about that!  He was just excited to have Mr. Kline!  In fact, he looked on the class roster list in the hall-way, saw his name under Mr. Kline and didn't even look to see what KIDS were in his class. 
 He was off to meet Mr. Kline!!!
And, of course, he already has a new buddy---Spencer!

SO---they are all in school!  I thought I would be cleaning closets, cooking, organizing, getting caught up and even shopping a bit!  But, I have found myself WORKING!  That is good too!  I have been very busy with Premier!  I am blessed that I have such an amazing job!  And, thanks to my BUSY schedule with Premier....there is still organizing to do, dinners to be cooked, chores to be done!  I find myself counting down the hours til the kids come home.  4 more hours, 3 more hours, 2 more hours....yikes, hurry, what's for dinner?  get the football clothes ready, they are almost home.  An after school snack?!  Hurry, put the brownies in the oven!  YIKES!  Times UP! 
Time to meet them at the end of the drive-way! It's 4:30!!!

And, 4:30pm MELTS MY HEART!
They usually ALL run...but at least one of them each day will...RUN from the bus to me!  They are often yelling or telling me something super imprortant from the street!  They are SO EXCITED to see me and tell me about their day!  I am THANKFUL, EVERY DAY, that I get to be home when they get home!  It's a crazy 15 minutes while all 3 want to show me (and Steve if he's home!) their papers, tell me about their day, and explain their homework!  I mean L O U D and CRAZY!  But, I am thankful I get to be a part of that!

Blessed!  Thankful!  Appreciative!  Happy! 
 


No comments: