My sweet first born is NINE!!!!!! Holy Moly!!!
Tyler is growing up to be such an awesome boy! He is a jokester! He loves his brother and sister! He gave himself the nickname "bubby" with Paige! It's precious! He loves basketball and football! And my most proud moment I think to date is when his teacher told us this year at Parent Teacher conferences that he is
"the popular kid in the class, like a high school quarter-back. Everyone likes him"
BUT---what makes me proud is when she EXPLAINED this statement.
She explained how Tyler is nice to EVERYONE and sees no difference in anyone!
Tyler be-friended a girl in the class who apparently did not have a lot of friends! Each Friday the "student of the week" gets to move their desk wherever he/she wants. Last Friday, this girl CHOOSE to move her desk by Tyler, saying he was "nice to her!"
SO PROUD!!!
I don't care if he's "popular" with the true meaning of the word. But, I do LOVE that he is popular because he is nice to everyone....which in turn means everyone LIKES HIM!!!
love that sweet boy!
As the kids get older, it's harder to think of "themes" for their birthdays! But, we're not ready just yet to not have them!! So, I took Tyler to Party City to see if that would spark any ideas!! ROCK STAR! The kids got Band Hero for Christmas and we've been "Rocking out" with that!!! So we thought a ROCK STAR party would be fun!!
Tyler thought I was a totally cool mom when I let him buy this wig to wear for the party!
I figured we'd get a lot of use out of this $15 wig!!!!
Aunt Barb had her own ROCK STAR sunglasses!!
I didn't make the cake---but I did make the Cake Balls---and they were YUMMY!
In hindsight...we don't need both cake balls AND a cake!!
Gifts: Tyler asked for MONEY from most people--to save for a NEW IPod 4.
(however, since his b-day he has maybe decided to spend his money on a new BIKE!!!)
So, he got gifts from Gma and Gpa Roth and mom and dad and
MONEY from everyone else!
Aunt Amanda and Uncle David put $5 in each balloon and he got to pop the balloon to get the money out! THAT WAS COOL!!! (I'll be stealing this idea for someone for sure!!)
Since it was a ROCK STAR party---we all played BAND HERO!
And, Tyler handed out trophies to the "winners" (the kids)
And, we can't forget Little MISS ROCK STAR!
She was doing "tricks" on the chair for everyone!! That was her "stage"!
Happy Birthday Tyler BOY!!!
We love you lots and forever and ever!!!
Never quit being the SWEET boy you are!









No comments:
Post a Comment