I am thankful to be caught up on my work and have an afternoon to myself.
I am blessed to have a wonderful family and friends, a great house, 3 healthy-beautiful kids, a fantastic husband who helps me with work, kids, the house, you name it. I have super parents, super in-laws, a job I love, and I could go on and on.
The past 6 months or so have been "different" at our house. Steve has not been as busy at work and has been home A LOT. (A LOT!!!!) At first I loved it, then it was weird, then I wanted him to GET OUT, now we have figured out how to be home together all day. (for the most part!!) Of course, with not working as much, comes not making as much ($$$). We were stressed, we were mad, we were stressed, we were mad, and the cycle repeats.
The other side of the story is this--I have been SUPER busy with Premier lately. I have more jewelry shows than I know what to do with, I have sponsored lots of new jewelers, my shows are averaging $650 a night, my business is really doing great. On a side note--my business has always been great--but it is just expectationally great right now.
I have been so tired, the past few weeks, especially. I am DOING something ALL THE TIME. If it's not work, it's laundry, the house, the kids, cooking (ok, not too much of that), it's always something.
I have been getting a little down. Down about no time for ME! Down about the things I can't buy because our income is not the same right now. Down about not having enough time to get the laundry done, etc. I won't keep going.
Then, I finally had a thought (and I am pretty sure the Holy Spirit put these thoughts in my mind recently).
WOW---how BLESSED am I --- when my husband's job is not "normal"---my Premier business is growing and providing for us. I didn't do it. I didn't "try" to get my business to this point. In fact, the only way my Premier business has grown like it has, it because God is on our side, taking care of us.
No---I may not be able to buy every pair of shoes I would want. But, we have not missed a bill, we have not missed a meal, we have not done without the things we NEED! And, I guarantee I have snuck in buying some things that we did not "need!!"
So--I am being THANKFUL that we are SO BLESSED!!
I want to remember that there is ALWAYS ALWAYS something to be THANKFUL for. It could always be worse---ALWAYS!!!
Not that Steve and I still don't wish things were "back to normal". We do. But, I am going to be THANKFUL when I am busy with work, because I was given Premier to be able to help our family. How often to we complain about the very thing that we should be thankful for??
So, I leave you today with these thoughts...
What are you thankful for? There are so many things....
No comments:
Post a Comment