Monday, March 18, 2013

Jaden's Basektball!

Jaden had decided he was NOT going to play basketball this year!  We were disappointed because he is good!!  There were team changes and he had chosen not to play! 
THEN...we got a call asking him to play and he CHANGED HIS MIND!!!!
 
Jaden, like Tyler, is an AMAZING defensive player!  I tell them they get that from ME!!!  I was always on the ground, fighting for the ball.  I always had strawberries on my knees during basketball season---from the hard floors!  Jaden is intense!  Love that boy!

Jaden also got real uniforms this year!  He also has the tall socks---although 1/2 the games (the beginning of the season) he didn't wear the black tall socks...because he didn't like them!  And, he doesn't care if he's the only one not wearing black/tall socks! 
Jaden does what he wants!  He also had 2 pairs of basketball shoes. 
 Returned 1st pair to get the 2nd pair.  ONE PICKY KID!!!
But--once we got past all that....he was ready to go!
 
 
Jaden is one FAST KID!  We are actually going to look into track for him! 
He is sooo fast, that we have to remind him to "be in control" of the ball because he runs SO FAST, he sometimes can't keep control of the basketball!
 
Jaden's team lost surprisingly at the end of the season and ended up taking 3rd in the league!  They really should have taken 1st.  (Now I sound like Steve.  I hate when he says someone "should have".  But, this is a case when they really "should have".)  They only lost 1 game through-out the regular season!  But, that's what happens!!!
 
Jaden did a great job!  He plays his heart out when he is in! 
We really hope Jaden continues to play basketball...but with him...it's season to season! 
So, time will tell! 
 


No comments: