Tuesday, April 3, 2012

2 wheeled riding

Paige-- 5 years, 8 months and riding with NO TRAINING WHEELS!
To Paige---this is BIG GIRL STUFF!!!




Steve taught the boys to ride their 2-wheel bikes!  I taught Paige!
 I think it took Paige quite a bit longer than the boys to learn.
Stopping was tricky!
Starting was trickier!
Turning and curves were scary!
The "mountain" (hill) in our neighborhood--SUPER challenging!


But she DID IT!!!!
 As hard as it was and as much time as it took---I am glad I got to teach her, since I didn't with the boys!  And, when I say "hard" and "long time"---I mean maybe a week practicing before or after school.  SO, not really THAT LONG....
just not 15 min. like the boys!

And, now she thinks she OWNS the neighborhood!  She wants to ride her bike EVERY SINGLE DAY!  EVERYWHERE!  She is begging to ride around "the loop" (basically our block) with her friend Leah and without an adult!  YIKES!!!  I haven't said yes yet....but I think she could do it!

No comments: